I'm a designer and Founding Partner at Work & Co, a product design and development firm with offices in Brooklyn, Portland, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Copenhagen and Belgrade. We started the company in 2013 and we're about 400 people now.
Long bio: I started my career in Brazil where I led design in a team at Globo.com—the largest media company in Latin America. We did good work at the time, including the creation of the most popular sports site in the country.
While at Globo, I wrote a book about User Experience that ended up becoming very popular with the local design community.
I moved to the US to work at Huge in 2007 when the company was only 60 people. In three years I was made partner. I led the design of some of Huge’s most successful projects - including HBO GO, TED Talks, Pepsi Refresh and CNN.com. I also founded the Rio de Janeiro office, helped Huge expand to Portland, and helped grow the offices on the West Coast and in Europe. I managed over 100 designers across 6 offices.
In 2013 I left to found Work & Co. We are a team composed by many of the most talented people I know.
I have a MS in Usability and HCI and a BS in Visual Design, both from PUC-Rio, where I also taught for two years before moving to the US.
Personal: I'm Brazilian, American and Portuguese. I was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro. The Memoria family has a tradition in architecture. My great-grandfather, Archimedes Memoria, was the first of them. I was fortunate to grow up surrounded by great references: from Joaquim Tenreiro furniture to living in an award winning building designed by my mom and later in a house designed by Archimedes.
For more about me ask around.
Work & Co Recognition
- Ad Age Agency A-List 2021
- Ad Age Agency A-List 2020
- Ad Age Agency A-List 2019
- Ad Age Agency A-List 2018
- Ad Age Agency A-List 2017
- Ad Age Agency A-List 2016
- Independent Agency of the Year in Craft, Cannes 2021
- Fast Co’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Design 2019
- Fast Co’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Design 2017
- Built in NYC's 100 Best Places to Work in 2021
- Built in NYC's 50 Best Mid-sized Companies in 2021
- Built in NYC's 50 Best Paying Companies in 2021
- Built in NYC's 100 Best Places to Work in 2020
- Digiday's 2018 Agency of the Year
- 14 Webby Awards
- 6 Pixel Awards
- 3 Cannes Lions
- 2 One Show Pencils
- 2 Clio Awards
- 2 Indigo Awards
- 2 UX Awards
- 2 IxDA Interaction Awards
- 2 Mobi Awards
- 2 OMMAs
- 2 Horizon Interactive Awards
- 1 Comm Arts Interactive Awards
- 1 Red Dot Award
- 1 London Awards
- 1 Core77 Design Awards
- 1 Design Week Awards
- 1 Apple’s Best iPad Apps
- N/N Group’s Intranet Design Award